(Welcome Naturopathic Family)
Herbal Remedies For Women's Menopause Symptoms Relief
Female menopause; Symptoms and herbal remedies
Menopause is a natural constituent of the aging process which marks the end of the female fertility. It is marked by the absence of a menstrual period after 12 months. Menopause happens as a result of decline in the level of estrogen secreted by the ovaries. It usually doesn’t begin until late 40’s or 50’s, although an estimated 1% of women experience menopause in their 30’s. Female menopause symptoms can be very discomforting and while menopause cannot be cured, treatments can be provided to help alleviate the discomfort associated with menopause.
Common Female Menopausal Symptoms
· Mood swings
· Vaginal dryness and painful sexual intercourse
· Hot flashes
· Decline in sexual drive
· Night sweats
· Sleep disturbances
· Weight gain( as a result of slowed metabolism)
· Heart palpitation
· Weight gain
Herbal remedies for treating female menopause symptoms
1. Black Cohash: Also known as rattle weed or snakeweed, its active agents are triterpene and cimicifuga. It has been used for several years by Native Americans to treat issues such as delayed labor, menstrual irregularities and other premenopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness and sleep disturbances and night sweats. This plant is native to North America.
2. Cordyceps (mushrooms): This is medicinal mushroom has been used in ancient Asia to treat sleep disturbances, boost sexual drive and energy levels, and generally regulate the body’s transition from fertility to infertility. It is a natural estrogen stimulant and is preferable to artificial estrogens which have been linked to cancer. It has also been used to treat brain fogginess and depression which are also symptoms that most women experiencing menopause report.
3. L.Citrulline: This amino acid helps to boost the immune system and balance hormone in the body. It is usually produced within the body but can be supplemented through certain foods like watermelon and red meat. It also promotes cardiovascular health as it functions as a vasodilator.
4. L. Arginine: This amino acid functions as a vasodilator and helps to treat hot flashes (which is one of the most common symptoms of menopause). L. arginine supplements can be gotten through foods like meat, legumes and pumpkin.
5. Nettle leaf/root (Vitex Agnus-castus): It is usually drunk as a tea or beverage. This plant is very potent for treating menopausal symptoms like vaginal dryness and tightening vaginal tissues. It is also used to treat inflammations.
6. Ashwagandha root (Withania Somnifera): The Ashwagandha plant is native to India and North Africa. Its root extracts is very useful for treating anxiety, depression and sleep disturbances.
7. Maca root: This Peruvian plant contains a flavonoid named Apigenin which can help reduce depression and boost the energy level of the body.
8. Chasteberry extract: Also known as Monk’s pepper and Abraham’s balm, this plant is native to the Mediterranean region and Asia. It is usually taken as tea and it naturally balances the estrogen level in the body. It helps reduce hot flashes, depression and sleep disturbances.
9. Wild yam (Dioscorea Villosa): Also known as Atlantic yam, this plant contains diosgenin, a phytoestrogen. It is used to treat hot flashes in menopausal women. It can also be used to boost estrogen level in the body, boost libido and reduce vaginal dryness.
10. Calendula flowers: Believed to be Native to Western Europe, Calendula flowers have anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce sleep disturbances and support the immune system. It is also known as marigold or goldbloom.
11. MSM (Sulfur): Methylsulfonylmethane is a mineral that helps balance the hormones in order to reduce the harsh symptoms of menopause. It detoxifies the body thereby making it stronger and energetic. Foods like cabbage and broccoli are rich in sulfur and can be taken as a supplementary diet.
12. Raspberry leaves: Rich in iron, magnesium and vitamins, this plant is usually used treat very heavy or light menstrual flow which many women experience during the perimenopausal stage. It is also very beneficial for pregnant women as it helps to prevent miscarriage. It boosts the immune system and balances the estrogen in the body. It is native to North America and Asia.
13. Shatavari: Also known as Asparagus racemes, Shatavari is native to Asia and has been used for centuries to treat urinary tract infections, vaginal dryness, hot flashes and brain fogginess. The root is the active plant as it contains phytoestrogens which act like estrogens in the body.
14. Muira Puama: This herb has been used to treat depression and erectile dysfunction in men. It has also been used to treat indigestion in places like Europe & North America.
15. Oat straw (Avena Sativa): Usually taken as a tea or beverage, this herb helps to reduce hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. It is native to Scotland. It is also known as wild oats.
16. Red Clover flower: This flower is a good source of phytoestrogens and also functions as an anti-inflammatory agent in the body. It can be very helpful for treating stress and restlessness during menopause.
17. Motherwort: Popularly used in Central Asia and Europe, motherwort is used to reduce hot flashes, heart palpitations, mood swings and generally balances out hormones in the body.
18. Damina (Turnera Diffusa): Native to the Caribbean, this sweet scented plant is very effective for treating vaginal dryness and hot flashes and also functions as an anti-depressant and a hormone regulator in the body.
19. Mucuna Pruriens: this plant is native to Asia and has long purplish flowers. It is also known as Florida bean, Benghal bean or Velvet bean and is commonly cultivated in the U.S for grazing. It functions as a natural aphrodisiac and also promotes weight loss which is an issue for most women during their premenopausal and menopausal stages.
20. Cramp bark: Popularly used for alleviating cramps, this shrub can be very helpful for women in the premenopausal stage of life. It is rich in phytoestrogens and is used to treat mood swings, hot flashes, sleep disturbances and restlessness.
KIndah Tropicals Female Revittalization Powder
Our Female Vitality formula was specifically designed to deal with the female repoductive system in its totality not just to imporve sexual relations but a strong effort to attempt to reestablish a overall vitality and total health and wellness being
that leads to more hormonally balanced and happy productive life styles period.
Recomended Uses as a dietary supplement for the folliwng ailments:
1. Energy Clean no crash and burn feeling
2. Menepaousal Blancer (Hot and Cold Flashes Relief)
3 Helps blance estrogen throughout the body
4. Helps calm the nervus system and make for a more balanced day
5. Helps improve mental clarity
6. Can Lead to better libido and overall sexral enjoyment and pleasure
6. aid in blancing out menstrial cycles I..e heavy bleeding , irregular cycles, Etc...
7. Help with Blood and oxegen delivery to vital organs for better overall vitality ,performance and endurance over a longer period of time without that crash and burn.
feeling of common energy drinks
8. Aid in pain relief during Menstrial cycle (Cramps water retention)
and many many many more Female vitality Regenerative Functions